We’re back with Byte-Size Blair, our weekly wrap-up of all things social media. If you’re not already following us on Facebook,Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest, give us a look.
Fall is fast approaching and that means we are celebrating the upcoming releases of our latest books–Foods That Make You Say Mmm-mmm by Bob Garner, The Ghost Will See You Now by Randy Russell, and a book based on the much-loved Tumblr account of the same name, Badass Civil War Beards. Plus, we’re gearing up for our and our distributed lines’ Spring/Summer 2015 titles. It’s also festival season! This past weekend, we hosted our famous $2 book sale at the Bookmarks! Book Festival in downtown Winston-Salem. In two weeks, we’re off to Virginia for the SIBA Conference. Then, in early October, we head to Music City for the Southern Festival of Books. And as if that wasn’t enough to keep us busy, we’re also throwing a party this month to honor 60 years of John F. Blair, Publisher. Here are some of our favorite posts from the past few whirlwind weeks.
1. Author Ray McAllister called our Blair president for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, and Carolyn and some of her best friends from high school, known as the “Mimosa Belles,” answered that call.
2. Speaking of Ray McAllister, one of his books was the subject of this “meta-shelfie”: Wrightsville Beach at Wrightsville Beach!
3. In a recent Words with Friends, distributed line NewSouth Books netted a couple of great reviews for two of their young reader titles, Matzo Frogs and Greenhorn.
4. September 19 is International Talk like a Pirate Day and we’re celebrating with a month-long sale on three of our best-loved pirate titles! Now that’s a deal you can’t arrr-gue with (sorry)!
5. Billy Bowater, a hilarious and insightful novel by E.C. “Redge” Hanes, received a glowing review from Foreword. His launch party is this week in Winston-Salem.
Thanks for checking in with us for Byte-Size Blair. We’ll be back next week with photos from Bookmarks! and the Billy Bowater launch party, among other tasty tidbits from the world of independent publishing. We’ll close out with Blair pet Minnie Pearl enjoying her long Labor Day weekend in the mountains.