1. Only a few weeks after the passing of Dr. Angelou, North Carolina lost another great writer and one of our most beloved authors here at Blair. Claiborne S. Young, author of Cruising Guide to Coastal North Carolina and Cruising Guide to Coastal South Carolina & Georgia, was a sailor’s (and a publisher’s) best friend. We said goodbye here.
2. Jeremy B. Jones celebrated Bearwallow at the official launch party. Books were signed, pictures were taken, a great time was had by all.
3. Ever wondered what our warehouse looks like? It’s every book lover’s dream: stacks on stacks!
4. Former Blair employee and current NCWN executive director Ed Southern was interviewed for Charlotte Talks, so we made him the focus of our Words with Friends last Tuesday.
5. One of Twitter’s best hashtags is #FridayReads, and we had a great suggestion, our newest release. See it here.
And your adorable Blair pet of the week is…Ernest Tubb. Tough as nails, soft as a pillow, hungry as a bear.