- Our most popular post this week was an excerpt of an interview with Dr. Maya Angelou from our 1994 title, Parting the Curtains: Interviews with Southern Writers. The excerpt included some wonderful insight into Dr. Angelou’s writing process and her relationship with her mother. Read the entire post on our Tumblr.
- Friday was National Doughnut Day, and Blair’s hometown of Winston-Salem knows from doughnuts. It’s the Krispy Kreme headquarters, and has been for more than seven decades. Check out this great photo we dug up of the first Krispy Kreme storefront, circa 1937.
- Our crush for last week’s Man Crush Monday was none other than debut memoirist Jeremy B. Jones, author of Bearwallow. Here’s why!
- The North Carolina coast is not just a great summer beach destination, it was also briefly the “retirement” home of Blackbeard the pirate. We revisited Blackbeard the Pirate, a Blair title from 1974, in last week’s Throwback
- Speaking of beach vacations, do you need some suggestions for loading up your e-reader? We’ve got some.
We’re fresh out of photos from our collection of adorable Blair pets, but seriously, y’all, did you see these dancing kittens?